Customer Support Representative
Category Contact Center
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Verify validity and accuracy of customer contracts and branch generated addendum’s and work orders. Assist in the customer service function by conducting research, making necessary adjustments and data changes to account information, analyzing billing, and retrieving document.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Customer Support Representative I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Open all mail from the branches and faxes; keep logs of all information received.
- Verify, research and review customer contracts for accuracy, completeness and ensure all pertinent information has been completed accurately.
- Add all contracts on customers accounts that have not been completed by branches including setting up billing, PAP’s, billing cycles, statement cycles, warranty information, cancellation of contracts, and ensure account is properly put on line.
- Verify customer credit has been checked and approved in Credit Access.
- Complete information in DPMS for commission approval.
- Research missing data and communicate with branches in an effort to correct errors or omissions in a timely manner.
- Provide support to all branches on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain contract and customer information; make adjustments to Customer Accounts as requested, including cancellations, billing adjustments, etc.
- Retrieve customer account records for Customer Support functions; run daily reports on cancelled accounts; fill out form letters to mail to customers regarding final billing.
- Process customer letters and faxes for change requests; enter data changes; enter alarm permits number information.
- Credit/debit adjustments on customer accounts.
- Meet with supervisor on a weekly basis to receive individual performance feedback and gather and exchange information on customer correspondence.
- Knowledge of billing, account set up, inventory procedures and testing.
- Knowledge of billing contracts, services, and parts.
- Knowledge of the functions of Branch Operations, Account Creation and Testing, and all other related departments (to be learned on the job).
- Knowledge of Center Legacy Systems (to be learned on the job).
- PC literate with a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, and E-Mail.
- Must have good customer service skills, interpersonal communication skills and teamwork skills.
- Must have very good organization skills and be very detail-oriented.
- Must have very good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ten-key by touch.
- Must have the ability to be creative.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months related experience and/or training and data entry or related experience.
- Previous telephone work experience.
- Accounting experience preferred.
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com