System Administrator - Irving, TX
Categories Information Technology
Responsible for maintaining reliable operation of all server hardware and software throughout the enterprise. Will have accountability for all technical functions, correct trouble conditions and identify technical needs.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the System Administrator I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Performs maintenance and updates on Windows Server operating systems.
- Document – Server configuration, Rebuild Specification, Disaster Recovery
- Provide administration and basic support for the following:
- Windows 2003 / 2008 R2 / 2012 environment (500 + Systems).
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 / 2013, Enterprise Voice, Unified Messaging, and federated platforms.
- Citrix server farm (Citrix Presentation Server 4.x).
- Backup and restore operations using EMC Avamar.
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 / 2013
- Must be familiar with basic NT Administration tasks.
- Provide second level support to the client community.Mentor Level 1/2/3 IT Support Technicians
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Knowledge of network environments.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with data center operations and server hardware functionality.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with DMZ infrastructure/Access Security.
- Knowledge of Active Directory/Windows 2003 / 2008 Server network infrastructure.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to perform project management on NT/Windows related work.
- Ability to provide technical knowledge and expertise necessary to solve medium to highly complex problems.
- Ability is required in work delegation.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and
- deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one year demonstrated work experience in Windows 2003/2008/2012 R2 Administration, Windows 2003/2008/2012 R2 Server, VMWare ESX
- Server, Citrix Presentation Server 4.5, Exchange 2010/2013, SQL Server, Active Directory, and Internet protocol (TCP/IP) installation and support; or post-secondary education in computer maintenance with
- a minimum Microsoft (MCSE); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Business preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- A+ hardware certification preferred.
As of April 2017, Protection 1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in the electronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you will see collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but please know: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while that happens, we are better together.