Senior Engineer, ADT Cloud Services (Job ID 1913885)
Categories Information Technology, Engineering
Senior Java Engineer – API Engineering
We’re looking for a Java/Spring developer, capable ofdeveloping and maintaining highly-available webservices. Environments arehosted on Amazon AWS with modern CI/CD techniques, and there is a dedicated andembedded operations team.
Experience with Java 8-10 preferred, and familiarity withthe Java ecosystem is required. 7+ years’ experience with recent work in Javaor other JVM language.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and deployment services; lead projects and/or assist in scheduling and coordinating project deliverables.
- Determine how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, and hardware logic, possibly running on multiple platforms, integrate to meet new and emerging requirements.
- Lead in program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation; under general supervision, instruct, direct, and validate other software developers’ work; mentor and guide application developers and junior team members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine business requirements.
- As appropriate, may liaison with outside vendors to coordinate code development and acceptance.
- Provides senior-level support in configuration, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the team and drive key projects.
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
Experience:7 - 10yrs
Skills: Demonstrates leading edgeknowledge of concepts and theories in own discipline.
Teaches others the technical and functional knowledgeand skills needed to achieve results at the optimum level of performance.Recognized as a thought-leader.
· Advancedknowledge of Java SE 8,9+ and Java EE 7
· Advancedknowledge of API architecture, design, scalability, and security
· Experiencearchitecting, designing, and developing and consuming web services
· Advancedknowledge designing and implementing secure internet-facing APIs
· Experiencewith relational and non-relational databases.