Sr. IT Director (Job ID 2012824)
Category Information Technology
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Sr. Director of Enterprise Architecture leads and aligns all application and infrastructure initiatives with corporate IT strategy. Primary responsibilities include strategic planning, implementing world class digital transformation solutions including both cloud and on premise. Relying on extensive experience and judgment, the Sr. Director assesses the potential and practicality of these solution in implementing the design to meet company objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the vision, strategy and direction of ADTs IT enterprise architecture function.
- Collaborates to determine the enterprise’s long-term application roadmap. Develop the corresponding strategy for systems design and development.
- Leads the overall technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems.
- Design and build an enterprise architecture team, principals, objectives, and a process for the rest of IT to follow.
- Leverages past experience and strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with IT professionals and business clients.
- Oversees estimation and execution of project work plans. Direct revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Drives API transformation to ensure that total solutions are aligned with business objectives.
- Minimizes schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively.
- Tracks a broad range of emerging technologies to determine maturity and application to the enterprise.
- Performs as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent.
- Works with internal and external customers to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Partners with business and IT executives to understand and support business initiatives.
- Recommends and manages architectural solutions from design to execution.
- Reviews and approves overall architectural solutions provided by different application and infrastructure IT architects
- Builds, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out needed architectural initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Engineering expertise across multiple technologies, platforms, and designs.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or related field
- 10+ years