Warehouse Supervisor (Job ID 2014998)
Categories Administrative, Warehouse, Corporate
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Warehouse Supervisor will work within a warehouse in a designated ADT Sales & Service Office (SSO) and will be responsible for timely and cost-effectively ordering supplies, receipt and stocking of inventory, and shipping of SSO inventory. The Warehouse Supervisor ensures the security and accountability of inventory by documenting transactions using computer-based systems such as Oracle and Perpetual Inventory, processes transactions in accordance with procedures established by ADT and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) guidelines, and periodically conducts physical inventories and system reviews. The manager will also manage and oversee activities of workers in the warehouse.
- Completes online orders for hardware, cable, and other miscellaneous items as required for the ADT Sales & Service Office (SSO) for the Service and Installation departments and processes purchase orders to maintain the inventory levels in the SSO warehouse.
- Ensures that the local SSO warehouse is a safe, organized, and secure facility and takes immediate corrective action necessary to regain compliance when defaults are found.
- On a daily basis, uses the Perpetual Inventory functionality to document transactions on equipment to and from various sub-inventories assuring that the physical inventory and the "booked" inventory in the system match and investigates and resolves any discrepancies.
- Pulls and issues hardware as required for Residential, Small Business and Core Commercial installation and service jobs as required.
- Replenishes truck stock for each fleet vehicle and moves material from shipping/distribution trucks into the warehouse.
- Opens shipments and verifies parts ordered, unpacks, removes, and reconciles items for each department, and tracks and forwards receipt for materials purchased to Accounts.
- Identifies shelf locators to be entered into the Perpetual Inventory system and stocks all warehouse shelves in accordance with established static stock and hardware guidelines.
- Delivers incoming material not assigned to the warehouse to its proper destination and ensures that the inventory is properly documented into the appropriate sub-inventory.
- Maintains product knowledge for items in stock and answers technical questions related to the work order, its number, and equipment needed.
- Examines equipment returned from cancelled accounts to determine if the equipment should be repaired, replaced under warranty, returned to manufacturers for credit, or disposed of within Perpetual Inventory and Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines.
- Maintains control logs and copies of all invoice transactions for material procurement and material handling as per federal, state, and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience in component assembly and shipping
- Attention to detail, with high degree of accuracy and personal accountability
- Finger dexterity to manipulate and prepare sensors and control panels
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, cutting edge, metric driven environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Valid driver's license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred
- One to three years of related experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of material handling and inventory control experience.
- Previous experience working with a computerized, perpetual inventory management system.