Director, Workforce Relations (Job ID 2111709)
NationwideCategories Human Resources, Corporate
***This role can be based from any ADT office nationwide***
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Director level position responsible for strategy and oversight of administration & governance Of employment practices in all areas performance, behavior and policy administration
- Build and maintain ER practices to drive company performance, enhance employee experience, and ensure alignment to ADT culture
- Provides strategic direction to the employee relations function and ensures processes/practices meet organizational needs.
- Proactively assesses and manages risk associated with employee actions.
- Assess different types of risk associated with employee actions and bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a growing organization.
- Review and approve documentation such as executive updates, investigation summaries, conclusion talking points, disciplinary documents, and correspondence with claimants and respondents
- Encourage frequent and open dialogue with the team about their investigations, trends, and employee misconduct; use this forum as an educational tool to develop the team’s expertise and identify trends
- Ensures that legally required federal and state-required forms, notices and posters are maintained for each office. Stays apprised of employment law changes and industry trends in legislation that could impact compliance issues.
- Analyzes trends emerging from case data and exit interviews to assist with developing proactive solutions.
- Investigates workplace complaints relating to claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, hostile work environment.
- Provide advice & guidance to managers on serious/complex ER issues, act as a point of escalation
- Provides recommendations on involuntary terminations. Oversees the termination meeting and participates, as needed.
- Coaches managers on effective methods to ensure the development and maintenance of a work environment that fosters sensitivity and respect for people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and disabilities.
- Oversees management, maintenance and security of employee records and files assuring timely completion of all necessary documentation. Also ensures that documents are securely maintained in compliance with Company policies, state and federal guidelines. Assures confidentiality of all employee records.
- Provides litigation support to the Legal Department in connection with employment related legal matters.
The pay range for this role is $76,400 - $152,900 annually and is based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Supplemental voluntary benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Employee discount program
- 10+ years of HR or equivalent business experience, with at least 4 years of experience leading high-performing ER teams within a high-growth environment at progressive companies
- Possess mastery functional expertise across the majority (if not all) areas of ER, including Investigations, Policy creation, Documentation Standards, Performance Management, Employment Laws, Ethics and Compliance, Partnership with Employment Law
- Strong ability to build relationships and partnerships to help establish ER department presence
- Ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions to a variety of stakeholders, including HRBPs, legal, business leaders
- Excellent judgment and a high bar for integrity
- Stellar program management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
- Experience helping global and/or matrix organizations scale
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources or a related field required. Masters degree preferred
- SPHR Preferred
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.