QC Tech/App Engineer (Job ID 2114941)
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
This position is responsible for configuration and documentation of servers, IP cameras, access control panels, and other systems in the ASG office before deployment to customer sites.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Configure and document servers and workstations in ASG lab to ASG standards
- Configure and document IP cameras and access control hardware in ASG lab to ASG standards
- Configure and document networking equipment in ASG lab to ASG standards
- Create, follow, and validate device and system setup procedures
- Provide remote support for door and camera commissioning
- Label, configure, load manufacture software, input loading schedules, and test complete system in ASG lab
- Act as the technical support backup for the installation and service department as needed
- Work with the Application Engineering Supervisor and Manager to maintain company engineering standards
- Maintain the engineering and project files on the company file server
- Remain up to date with company policies, procedures and products.
- Remain up to date on industry standards and technological developments
- Study literature and attend seminars to keep current in products, processes and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the ASG Core Competencies (copy attached) that are foundational expectations for all employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree in a technical capacity (preferred)
- Two plus years working in the IT field with a focus on server builds and Windows administration
- Understanding of current LAN technology, telecommunications, PLC and relay logic and CAD/architectural drawings
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one or before groups of customers or employees of organization(s).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Networking TCP/IP, MS Operating Systems, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS SQL. They must also be able to recognize the dynamic nature of software and must adjust their skill set to new technologies as they become important to the success of the Company. Currently, an individual should have knowledge of a wide range of software including core competencies in the installation and maintenance of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SQL. This position also requires some knowledge of firewall implementation, switch configuration, and network segmentation and subnetting.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CCDA, CCNA & MSCE are preferred. In addition, Limited Energy JLE/RET, MCSE and manufacture training certificates are desired.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work area is usually moderate.
- Up to 25% travel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.