Senior UX Researcher (Job ID 2015562)
Boca Raton, Florida
Categories Marketing, Corporate
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
ADT is looking for a passionate User Researcher who thrives in collaboratively busting complex, ambiguous problem spaces by employing both seasoned and progressive research practices to draw compelling recommendations and understanding of our users that with guide designers, product owners, and technical leads to build the best experiences for our customers.
Essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Become deeply familiar with ADT’s mission, vision, practices, market, customers, services, and systems.
- Work together with the UX leadership team to conceptualize and build the foundations for our new user research practice within our Product team.
- Help define best practices while crafting process, methodology, and protocol.
- Plan, initiate, and lead primary and secondary generative and evaluative research activities in partnership with design, product, and engineering (e.g. customer interviews, surveys, card sorts, field visits, usability tests, SUS, etc.).
- Maintain the instrumentation of our products to leverage behavioral analytics and product insights.
- Consolidate, validate, and socialize personas.
- Validate findings and share/collaborate through cross-partner channels.
- Support product design into the organization and facilitation of internal working sessions (e.g. user story mapping, group ideation, affinity mapping, design sprints, etc.).
- Research, structure, and socialize user journey maps for the primary task flows of our solutions.
- Socialize a deep and shared understanding within ADT of our customers and their problems, their unmet needs, their behavior within our products and services, and the key frustrations they encounter.
- Document and track learnings gathered so insights can be easily referenced and applied for future projects.
- Meet with key stakeholders in UX design, product management, and technology to identify, plan, and prioritize generative and evaluative user research needs and opportunities, articulating the key customer problems or needs and the desired business and customer outcomes of each project.
- Continuously learn through self-study, engagement with the user research community, and company-expensed professional development opportunities (e.g. books, workshops, conferences, certifications, etc.)
UX, UI, User expereince, UX Trends, digital tools, portfolio, design, user research, product development, protocols, best practice, human computer interaction
Amazon, Ring, Alexa, Apple, Arlo Technologies, Bose, Braun, Brother, Comcast/Xfinity, Dell, Dyson, Ecobee, Epson, Facebook/Oculus, FitBit, Garmin, GE, Google/Nest, GoPro, Honeywell, Hp, IBM, IKEA, Intel, iRobot, JVC, LG, Lenovo, Logitech, Lutron, Microsoft, Netgear, Nikon, Nintendo, Philips, Roku, Samsung, Sharp Electronics, Simplisafe, Sonos, Sony, Teenage Engineering, Verizon/Fios, Vivint, Vizio, Whirlpool
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
- Can demonstrate professional contribution to enterprise-level web-based services. Your portfolio will be requested and reviewed during the interview process.
- Can use a wide variety of mixed, qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Can cut through ambiguous and complex problem spaces with a structured plan to bring clarity.
- Can synthesize compelling and actionable insights through rich, clear storytelling via presentations, reports, or workshops.
- Can develop hypotheses examining users’ behaviors, needs, and attitudes.
- Can evangelize and celebrate individual and team successes.
- Can succinctly and persuasively tell the story of your insights and our customers to internal audiences.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Agile software development.
- Four-year college degree required (or equivalent)