Data Engineer (Job ID 2114458)
NationwideCategories Customer Service, Engineering
ADT has been in the business of helping save lives since 1874. As the #1 smart home security provider in the U.S., we help protect and connect families, businesses and larger commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your business or on the go. And as times change, so do we.Above all, our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living. Looking for a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and put purpose behind your paycheck. #WeAreADT
Check out more about life at ADT here.
As a Data Engineer in Customer Experience Operations, you will be responsible for designing and building data pipelines for business intelligence and advanced analytic activities such as dashboard creation and machine learning. You will help transform how we support the customer experience operation organization by elevating the use of data to drive more value. You will be responsible for establishing pipeline design and data integration frameworks that bridge current state activities with target opportunities. This role involves coding, designing, and implementing data solutions. You will work directly with senior stakeholders and decision makers. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of SQL Server services, Google Cloud Platform, Python, data literacy practices, API integration and agile methodologies. In this role you will also trouble shoot data quality issues and coordinate break-fix activities across technology departments.
- Responsible for building end to end data pipelines that provide raw, cleansed and transformed layers for data consumption.
- Responsible for data quality and ensuring data is as clean as possible for consumption activities.
- Create rapid prototypes to test concepts, stakeholder buy-in and conceptual direction.
- Responsible for data warehouse design, maintenance and understanding usage.
- Act as a change leader to introduce and implement increased capabilities to advance data usage.
- Partner with data and business users to develop a rich pipeline of value-added work.
- Oversee user acceptance testing for data releases to ensure high value output.
- Recommend technology and process improvements across the data environment.
- Reduce production support time.
- Partner across IT and business groups to identify integrated solution opportunities.
- Mentor and develop data users across CXO organization.
- Develop deep functional understanding of ADT Customer Experience Operations organization including Customer Care, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Retention, Sales, Marketing, Technology and Field Operations.
The pay range for this role is $58,800 - $117,600 annually and is based on experience and qualifications.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with ETL technologies and building data pipelines. (i.e. Informatica, SSIS, DataFusion).
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS).
- 5+ years demonstrated experience building semantic layers to simplify reporting and analytics.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience querying Oracle databases.
- Experience working with various Code Repository and Planning tools (i.e. DevOps, JIRA).
- Experience with data libraries and data stewardship.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience coordinating and negotiating across technology teams.
- Passionate about building innovative data solutions.
- 7+ years demonstrated experience with ETL and data pipeline frameworks.
- 7+ years demonstrated experience with SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS).
- 2+ years demonstrated experience with cloud data warehouses (i.e. GCP BigQuery).
- Experience with Cloud Transformations.