Director, Internal Audit
Boca Raton, Florida
Categories Accounting and Finance, Corporate
Director ofInternal Audit reports to the VP Risk, Governance, and Internal Audit and isresponsible for the planning, management, and execution of the internal auditfunction. Maintaining, updating, and executing all audit procedures in theexecution of Financial and Operational audits as well as Sarbanes Oxleycompliance requirements.
- Executethe strategic direction of the internal audit department, including objectives,budgets, and schedules
- Develop,implement, and maintain comprehensive internal audit policies, procedures, andrisk assessments in compliance in Internal Auditing Standards.
- Performfinancial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with theestablished annual internal audit program.
- Developdetail test plans to assess the effectiveness of the Company’s internalcontrols over financial reporting pursuant to Sarbanes Oxley Section 404.
- Reportaudit findings and recommendations to appropriate management after each audit.
- Conductfollow up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliancedeficiencies noted during audits.
- Participatein reviews on new business products, services, systems, and acquisitions anddevelop recommendation for necessary controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley.
- Developmonthly reports to be used in Audit Committee reporting regarding internalcontrols matters, results of reviews, and progress vs plan.
- Coordinateall internal audit programs with the external auditors.
- Maintainsnecessary training and professional development/education for the department.
- Monitorsauthoritative guidance (e.g. SEC and GAAP technical pronouncements) and newdevelopments for application to the company’s transactions and reportingrequirements.
- Executesspecial projects as directed by executive management. Or VP Risk, Governance,and Internal Audit.
- 10+years of experience in Finance and Accounting, including 4+ years of PublicAccounting.
- 5+years of Direct management Experience
- Operationaland financial internal control assessment experience, including use of COSOframework.
- ERPsystems experience (Oracle preferred) in Finance/Accounting
- Strongleadership skills, ability to drive change and influence senior leaders.
- Abilityto lead teams and effectively coach team members.
- Demonstratedability to lead projects.
- Strongknowledge of processes and systems and have the ability to identify controlsrequirements.
- Abilityto review and synthesize data, identify process gaps and improvements.
- Solidinterpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Stronganalytical and problem-solving skills
- Abilityto travel up to 25%.
- BachelorDegree in Accounting, Finance, or related field