Director, Strategy and Planning (Job ID 2110289)
Boca Raton, Florida
Categories General Management, Corporate
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Director, Strategy and Planning will play a critical role in shaping the strategic direction of ADT, partnering directly with the Chief Strategy Officer and other leadership to develop and execute company-wide strategic priorities. In this high impact role, you will leverage your curiosity and a data driven problem solving approach to support long and intermediate-term strategic planning, assess current and future strategic differentiators, conduct portfolio analysis, establish company-wide initiatives and prioritization, drive industry and competitive insights, and lead other projects and topics that will arise. You will play a critical role partnering with leaders across ADT to help frame, structure, and resolve important decisions to drive value creation.
- Own the company-wide multi-year strategic planning process, including developing strategy, defining strategic imperatives, and creating framework to execute and track achievement of near-term and long-term business results
- Work closely with business and functional leaders to craft ADT’s multi-year business plan
- Drive alignment of the strategic planning process with other relevant processes within ADT (e.g. budgeting/capital planning, resource allocation, monthly/quarterly monitoring and reporting)
- Support efforts on growth strategy that deliver ADT’s long-term vision, such as where to play, how to win, and what capabilities are required to make game changing industry impact
- Provide rigorous and fact-based insights on industry, competitive landscape, macro market, and consumer perspectives
- Drive growth perspective and priorities via on-going assessment of portfolio, understanding consumer trends and identifying opportunities, driving disruptive business cases/ plans/ models, guiding budget and capital allocation, and enabling ongoing feedback loops for continued business improvement
- Partner and influence cross-functional teams on a case-by-case basis to deliver strategic insights and outcomes (e.g., decisions, partnerships, etc.)
- Develop relationships across the enterprise and externally that facilitate insights and impact of ADT’s strategic priorities
- Mentor and develop incredible talent within the strategy team and ADT at large
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent; MBA preferred
- Typically requires 10+ years of related experience
- Experience in corporate strategy, strategy consulting, business development, finance, or related areas
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage planning and execution of strategic objectives in high-paced and rapidly evolving industries or environments
- Proven experience developing and leading multi-year company-wide strategic planning process, including guiding the overall process and partnering with business and functional leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences
- Analytical and quantitative mind-set balanced by ability to draw conclusions with qualitative or imprecise information
- High degree of intellectual curiosity, and passion to about learn the macro-environment and business
- Adept at building relationships and working collaboratively with C-suite, Board, and the broader organization
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with ability to work effectively with internal and external parties in evaluating and completing deals.
- Superior problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-driven and results oriented leader with strong performance accountability orientation
- Highest level of integrity and good judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive, confidential information
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.