Marketing Media Data Scientist (Job ID 2012769)
Boca Raton, Florida
Categories Marketing, Corporate
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Marketing Analytics & Data Science team supports the Marketing organization to evaluate brand investments and drive new customer relationships. We analyze data from a broad range of marketing activities, and translate it into actionable insights for senior leadership, channel managers, and business partners.
The Marketing Media Data Scientist will support the Mass Media team to develop and maintain predictive models as well as tracking of Mass Media KPI’s and post campaign insights. The individual will assist in identifying opportunistic areas for growth, analyzing path to purchase funnels, ADT customer base demographic compositions, and the demographics of media consumption across multiple channels. The position will apply advanced analytics methods to marketing data to conduct statistical analysis and develop predictive models.
The individual will combine hard skills like programming, statistics, data modeling with soft skills like communication, analytical thinking, and problem-solving. The candidates need to have a well-rounded background to balance the line between IT, data science, and the business.
The position will be based in Boca Raton, Florida.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve mass media attribution, forecasting, and propensity models
- End-to-end management of predictive modeling processes. This includes data gathering, data validation, model building, calibration, cross-validation, and maximizing model accuracy. Interpret and validate model results with statistical checks.
- Oversee model deployment and implementation across business
- Design and conduct A/B testing and measure statistical significance to interpret test results
- Run correlation, clustering, segmentation analysis as required, to understand the data
- Perform and create useful data views and write stored procedures in Microsoft SQL environment for easy data consumption that will be used for data modeling/reporting
- Leverage business intelligence tools to automate existing reporting and develop new reports and dashboards on Mass Media KPIs, performance reporting, and post-campaign insights
- Deep dive data analysis and research, with ability to manipulate, analyze, and trend results
- Work within the IT and analytics teams across the organization to find insights and develop data solutions
- Assist in identifying opportunistic areas of growth within existing mass media campaigns to increase profitability
- Perform audience composition analysis and create customized models to be used in media buy management
- Analyze program grids and various demographic reporting to better target media buys
- Assist in pre and post log collection to identify performance trends within the current week and ensure accuracy of previous week’s schedules
- Actively participate in maintaining media database working to increase transparency and optimize operational efficiencies
- Work with research teams to prepare models and reports that interpret consumer behavior, market opportunities/conditions, marketing results, trends, and investment levels
- Combine schedules and post logs using scheduled buys and mapping against Nielsen data to increase ad-flight transparency
- Develop and implement solutions that meet operational improvements which aligns with day-to-day business needs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Management Information Systems Analytics, Mathematics, or a related discipline. A master’s degree is preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in Marketing Analytics, business intelligence, and reporting
- Expertise in statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Experience in interpreting A/B test results and significance measurement
- Expert knowledge of query languages such as SQL and/or Oracle. Knowledge of programming languages like Python and R is required
- Understanding of the math and statistics behind the models
- Experience with analytics/reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Analytics, and/or Nielsen)
- Experience owning design, development, and implementation of reporting that is leveraged by a large audience for decision making purposes
- Ability to develop working tables & data-marts that can be leveraged within reporting
- Proven ability in analyzing large datasets to gain insights and provide quick data driven recommendations
- Candidate must be organized, driven, analytical, and exhibit critical thinking skills