Senior Auditor (Job ID 1913244)
Boca Raton, Florida
Category Accounting and Finance
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Reporting to an Audit Manager, the Senior Auditor is an experienced auditor position within Internal Audit. The Senior Auditor, as a lead auditor, will conduct financial and operational reviews and assess internal controls to support Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance of ADT US and Canadian operations. The Senior Auditor will interact with financial, operational and IT management personnel across the company and will be exposed to financial and business operations.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Carry out the vision and mission of Internal Audit to enhance and protect organizational value.
- Actively participate in audit planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Develop audit programs and reports.
- Assess design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, including assessing reliability of information used in control performance.
- Collect, evaluate and document information with high quality to support audit results.
- Analyze data sets to perform audit planning, sampling, testing, or to evaluate observations.
- Review audit work papers and report observations in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Lead teams of two to three auditors in conducting financial, operational, IT and/or compliance audits.
- Provide coaching to less experienced team members, aimed at facilitating the completion of audits and developing less experienced team members.
- Identify audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented.
- Present clear and concise observations to Internal Audit management and verify observations with operational management.
- Participate in Internal Audit process improvements.
- Continue professional education regarding audit and accounting standards and laws and regulations applicable to the company.
- Provide assistance to external auditors, as requested.
- Willing to travel up to 25% in US and Canada
Education/Work Experience/Characteristics Required:
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.