Senior Auditor (Job ID 2015834)
Boca Raton, Florida
Category Accounting and Finance
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Reporting to an Audit Manager, the Senior Auditor is an experienced auditor position within Internal Audit. The Senior Auditor, as a lead auditor, will conduct financial and operational reviews and assess internal controls to support Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance of ADT US and Canadian operations. The Senior Auditor will interact with financial, operational and IT management personnel across the company and will be exposed to financial and business operations.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Carry out the vision and mission of Internal Audit to enhance and protect organizational value.
- Actively participate in audit planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Develop audit programs and reports.
- Assess design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, including assessing reliability of information used in control performance.
- Collect, evaluate and document information with high quality to support audit results.
- Analyze data sets to perform audit planning, sampling, testing, or to evaluate observations.
- Review audit work papers and report observations in accordance with Internal Audit standards.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Lead teams of two to three auditors in conducting financial, operational, IT and/or compliance audits.
- Provide coaching to less experienced team members, aimed at facilitating the completion of audits and developing less experienced team members.
- Identify audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented.
- Present clear and concise observations to Internal Audit management and verify observations with operational management.
- Participate in Internal Audit process improvements.
- Continue professional education regarding audit and accounting standards and laws and regulations applicable to the company.
- Provide assistance to external auditors, as requested.
- Willing to travel up to 25% in US and Canada
Education/Work Experience/Characteristics Required:
- Bachelor’s degrees in Accounting, Business or other relevant fields; Master’s degree preferred.
- 4+ of related experience required; at least three years’ experience in an audit role. Should be able to work independently on complex tasks upon starting, and lead tasks as necessary. As a Sr. Auditor, this person should also be able to review others work as necessary.
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA \ preferred, but not required.
- Inquisitive, independent work ethic, initiative, timely, proactive, productive, committed to continuous improvement, driven to develop business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Have strong, proficient analytical skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills, with professional development coaching experience.
- Exposure to ERP system
- Computer skills (Intermediate/Advanced Excel, PowerPoint).
- Have demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience with TeamMate a plus