NICET Certified Commercial Fire Design Engineer (Job ID 2110203)
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
This position is generally responsible for utilizing all available technology in the estimation, design, engineering and configuration of a full range of electronic security systems. Emphasis is on the creation of a cost-effective solution that meets customer needs and expectations. Sales, engineering and project managers give guidance as to the nature of the desired system.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with Client Managers
- Design and configure systems (and estimates), which meet project specifications as defined by the Client Manager
- Specify required equipment and materials from both internal sources and external vendors, including pricing information. Any sub-contractor (using an RFQ document) or special manufacturer pricing must be quoted in writing by the sub-contractor or manufacturer
- Serve as the interface between the Sales Business Unit and Operations Business Unit
- Develops estimates and preliminary installation plans:
- Perform job walk-through to support sales efforts and obtain adequate understanding of specific project installation conditions and considerations
- Prepares accurate, cost effective and competitive estimates for specified scopes of work
- While creating the estimate, generates a written list of the scope of work to be performed and inclusions/exclusions for use in the generation of the project quotation
- Consults with startup engineers and project managers to ensure that the selected products and practices will perform the required system functions
- Prepare preliminary installation plan for job package that would include a basic riser or system block diagram when appropriate. If possible include marked floor plans showing all equipment locations
- Keeps a positive, professional, and helpful attitude towards clients, prospects, co-workers, vendors and sub-contractors
- Remains up to date with company policies, procedures and products
- Remains up to date on industry standards and technological developments
- Remains up to date on Fire and Security Group’s project turnover documentation as it relates to accounting, operations and sales support
- Reviews the turn-over package generated by the sales person to insure and all necessary documentation is included and correct
- Studies literature and attends seminars to keep current in products, processes and materials
- Review all scopes of work and estimates prior to presenting to the DDE Manager for review
- Attends weekly meetings with the Client Management team
- Develops and maintains favorable interaction with decision-making, decision-influencing, and purchasing contacts
- Investigates and resolves client problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a team spirit in all job related activities and communications with co-workers and clients
- Seek to be billable 75% of the time
- Attends one-on-one meetings bi-weekly with the DDE Manager
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the Fire and Security Group’s Core Competencies (copy attached) that are foundational expectations for all employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education. Associates degree or Bachelor degree in a technical capacity is desirable. A strong knowledge of security concepts and security products.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one or before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and design software.
Certificates and Licenses:
NICET Level III, IV is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.