Fire Alarm Designer (Job ID 2114219)
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT’s 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
The Designer is responsible for working with Sales and Engineering departments to provide engineering and drafting of life safety, fire alarm sprinkler systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs fire protection sprinkler systems with accuracy
- Work with the Sales and Technical staff to interpret project specifications and drawings, determining system layout.
- Perform to a professional standard for accurate, neat, error free work, as determined by the department manager.
- Complete engineering requests in accordance with sound business practices and general corporate policies.
- Review individual drawings to ensure completeness and accuracy of work performed.
- Understand and utilize company-drafting procedures.
- Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that the company offers.
- Promote a team environment, assisting other Design Engineers with their projects. Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned by Red Hawk Management.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Requirements:
- Proficient knowledge in current codes such as NFPA, UBC, UFC and the principles and practices of fire protection engineering.
- Proficient knowledge in the use of AutoCAD for the purpose of engineering and application of fire sprinkler systems
- Have proficient knowledge of the product lines and related parts used by Red Hawk
- AA - Associates degree from an accredited College or University, technical school or equivalent combination of education and related field experience
- Posses a working knowledge of low voltage communications systems
- Must have two (2) years experience with AutoCAD
- Must demonstrate Computer literacy, including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and AutoCAD
- Must possess superior interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Must demonstrate competency in advanced fire alarm design (High-rise, Smoke control, Voice, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to shifting priorities
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record, we will conduct background and drug test.
Additional skills and abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well organized
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
- NICET Certification
- Travel: Minimum
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Use of equipment: computer keyboard and mouse, telephone, copier and fax machines
- Some light lifting of objects is required (ie: drawings, can weigh up to 35 lbs.)
- Employee is required to sit for long periods of time (can be up to 2.5 hours at a time)
- Typical office environment -- no unusual exposures
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.