Helpdesk - Branchburg, NJ (Job ID 2014155)
Branchburg Township, New Jersey
Categories Technical Support, Field
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Technical Services Group is looking for a reliable, capable technical support team member for our Branchburg support center in Somerset County New Jersey. Supported systems include access control, CCTV, intrusion, and fire protection. As a member of the Technical Services Group you will provide technical assistance and remote programming to our installers and clients over the phone as well as process e-mail requests from clients . We are currently hiring for our Sunday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:30pm shift.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use networking and computing concepts and skills to troubleshoot security hardware and software issues
- Configure and maintain security hardware using proprietary and non-proprietary software and tools
- Handle security and access control requests
- Receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency requests from internal teams, clients and field technicians
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to field technicians
- Coordinate/schedule field technicians to respond to after-hours service calls
- Route information to the appropriate parties as requested
- Ability to understand technical diagrams and blueprints
- Run/submit reports as requested
- Answer emails and phones
- Call logging and documenting
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and adapt to new technology
- Familiarity with troubleshooting electronic or computer hardware
- Able to effectively comprehend the security technology in use by the company and clients
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
- Regular computer usage
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, and clients
- Some familiarity with security equipment and technology (ideal but not required, these can be taught)
- Some familiarity with corporate security concepts, practices, and procedures (ideal but not required, these can be taught)
Tiered levels of support within the team and the ability to expand and grow within ADT.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.