Technical Support (Job ID 2115039)
Branchburg Township, New Jersey
Categories Technical Support, Field
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT’s 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
This position is responsible for the following responsibilities but not limited to… providing technical assistance and remote programming support to field technicians, installers and clients in our 24/7/365 support center. Supported systems include access control, CCTV, intrusion, and fire protection from various manufacturers. This position offers the potentional for substantial growth in terms of skills and technical knowledge, as well as opportunities for career advancement within a large organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technician Support - Provide phone support to field technicians and installers. Tasks include assistance with troubleshooting issues with existing access control, CCTV, burglary and fire equipment, configuring new devices being added to the system, and confirming functionality
- Customer Support - Work directly with customers to answer questions they may have. Assist with troubleshooting any issues they may have with their systems in an attempt to resolve remotely. If unable to resolve remotely, begin the process for getting a service call scheduled.
- Service Request Processing - Receive service requests from customers and remotely troubleshoot all issues. If unable to resolve issue remotely, inform dispatch team so a technician dispatch can be scheduled.
- Account Contact Maintenance - Process requests for alarm code activations/deactivations for customers. Update central station account information with code and emergency contact list changes.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge and proficiency in using computer and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience in technical support
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Prior experience with access control management software
- Prior experience with video management software
- Prior experience with burglary and fire protection systems
Additional Skills and Certifications:
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple assignments
- Strong customer service skills
- Self motivated, ability to project a professional attitude
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Comprehends and learns department practices, rules and regulations.
- Speaks clearly and concisely.
- Effectively communicates with a diverse population.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reacts and thinks quickly and effectively in difficult situations.
- Follows written and oral instructions/direction.
- Ability to locate informational resources as needed.
- Proficient with prioritizing decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures.
- Multi-tasking in various situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to change as business needs require.
- Ability to manage time effectively
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.