Team Manager, Installation (Job ID 1913176)
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, interactive home and business solutions, and health services, meet a range of customer needs for today’s active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to nearly seven million customers, and it employs approximately 17,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Reporting to the Director of Installations HV, the Installations Team Manager is responsible for the supervision, scheduling, and coordination of service activities in the branch. This position will be responsible for constantly improving the level of service provided to ADT’s internal and external customer base by delivering on the goals set by the organization.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels to serve residential and small business customers.
- Manage the fleet and the inventory.
- Provide training, coaching and counselling to employees.
- Provide support to the Branch Directors and promotes teamwork between Sales, Installation, Administration, and Service teams, as well as to other departments within the region.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with customers, employees and business partners.
- Manage day to day activities of field operations in their assigned branch(s).
- Promote a work environment that respects Health and Safety standards.
- Research and share "Best Practices" with the Service team.
- Mentor and motivate direct reports to improve effectiveness and to address performance gaps.
- Conduct performance reviews/assessments, as required.
- Establish and maintain programs enabling a high level of quality and « same day / next day » service to customers for maximum retention.
- Achieve ADT goals. Monitor results regularly and address issues and concerns that impede positive results.
- Identify areas of improvement, championing and driving results and superior business performance.
- Ensure all financial and operational targets (Scorecards) are met.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality Service work to the customer base.
- Recruit, interview and select new candidates, as required.
- Approve time sheets, expense reports and other related documents.
- Maintain technical knowledge and provide training on current standards, new products and new techniques.
- Keep associates informed of any company and industry changes.
- Adhere to and drive ADT core values
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 5 to 7 years of technical experience in security systems: fire, burglary, video surveillance, access control and integrated systems.
- ADT or associated service company experience is an asset.
- Experience in supervision/management (CCQ and others) and work force planning.
- Proven conflict resolution and people development skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Leadership and workforce management skills.
- Work scheduling; knowledge of pertinent databases, products and services in the electronic security, home automation and integrated systems industry.
- Proven skills in managing a team of technicians, subcontractors and administrative staff.
- Working knowledge of MS office.
- Ability to ensure that Health and Safety programs and standards are followed.
- Natural ability to promote a positive and collaborative work environment and to get the job done on time.
- Core Competencies:
- Rigour and discipline.
- Troubleshooting agility.
- Motivate others.
- Drive for results.
- Customer focused.
- Demonstrate management confidence.
- Able to manage conflicts.
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset.
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.