Associate Install Technician - Columbus, OH (Job ID 2012774)
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid State Driver’s License.
- Certifications and licensing where required, as specified by local Management.
- Completes pre-requisite and ongoing safety requirements and courses, driver care requirements, technical standards, and any other applicable training.
- Follows safety standards and reports safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Collects all required payments, balances, and signatures and processes monies received from customers in accurate and timely manner.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and apply codes, rules, standards and requirements to meet specifications.
- Ability to work under general supervision and independently at multiple customer sites on a daily basis and interpret and design system layout to meet the customer needs.
- Demonstrates mechanical and technical aptitude according to job level.
- Ability to interpret location maps, blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a safe manner and responsibility for company issued assets (i.e., inventory, etc.).
- Basic mathematical aptitude to perform routine calculations.
- Basic knowledge of mobile technology and data devices for communication.
- Communication skills including verbal and written skills.
- Ability to meet minimum company performance standards for productivity, quality, and safety & security enhancements.
- Ability to logically solve basic to moderately difficult problems with effective solutions and demonstrates troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and establish relationships with customers by gaining their trust. Ability to relate well to all types of customers, builds appropriate rapport, and demonstrates diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to diffuse high tension situations while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Some technical school training highly preferred.
- Prior experience with providing services to electrical systems highly preferred.
- Ability to climb and descend a ladder up to 20 feet.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to operate a mechanical lift system and ascend up to 40 feet.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and construction environments.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.