Network Security Engineer II (Job ID 2016519)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Categories Technical Support, Engineering, Field, Cybersecurity
The Provisioning Network Engineer procures and configures firewalls for order fulfillment and coordinates installation of services. Interacts with customers and end users to assist with change requests and support questions, and to troubleshoot or upgrade services through the web portal and by telephone.
- Responsible for configuration and subsequent management of firewalls for customer orders.
- Remotely support onsite technicians to configure and install cybersecurity services.
- Responsible for the fulfillment of orders for network security products and services.
- Receive customer calls and web portal requests for changes, questions, upgrades and problems.
- Assist in timely resolution of all calls and support issues while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure daily operational performance continually meets assigned SLA’s
- Responsible for escalating unresolved customer grievances to ensure issues are addressed in a timely and resolute manner.
- Keep detailed records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Improve overall customer relations through technical delivery and communications and other support skills.
- Maintain and increase proficiency for technical responsibilities, through self-directed training and formal training programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed. Must have strong ability to be flexible and adaptable in a rapidly-changing environment. Ideal candidates will have the following skills/experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience with IP network technologies.
- Demonstrates understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4 addressing and subnets.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Experience in the telecom industry a plus.
- Experience configuring and supporting SonicWALL/Fortinet/Meraki platforms a plus.
- Network+ and/or Security+/ Security vendor-specific certification is a plus.
- SNSA and NSE 4 Certification earned within 6 months.