NOC Engineer I -Cybersecurity (Job ID 2114861)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Categories Engineering, Cybersecurity
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
***This role will be 11am - 8pm M-F
The Network Security Engineer interacts with customers and end-users to provide information and assistance with firewall change requests, to address networking/security support questions, and to troubleshoot or upgrade services, through the web and by telephone.
- Receive customer calls and web portal support tickets of a technical nature, takes direct actions or escalates to assist in timely resolution of all issues while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Confer with customers in order to provide information about product features and services, and to obtain and document details of any reported issues for resolution.
- Establish and maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as steps taken and action items.
- Configure and confirm appropriate changes to resolve customer problems.
- Escalate unresolved customer concerns for review and follow-up.
- Improve overall customer relations by delivering expert technical support, communications, and other support skills.
- Ensure that any requests or questions about orders or cancelling accounts are forwarded to the appropriate person inside the company.
- Maintain and increase proficiency for technical responsibilities, through self-directed training and formal training programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have a strong need to achieve and will be confident and detail-oriented, with an interest in engaging with partners and end-user customers both proactively and reactively. He/she must take initiative, working independently and as a part of a technical team. Ideal candidates will have the following skills/experience:
- 3 years experience with IP network technologies. Demonstrates understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4 addressing and subnets.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact with a wide audience on a technical level.
- Sonicwall SNSA certification required.
- Fortinet NSE4 certification required.
- Experience in the telecom industry is a plus.
- Cisco CCNA / Network+ and/or Security+/ Security vendor-specific certification is a plus.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.