SOC Engineer I (Job ID 1913110)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Shift: This is a “Panama” 12 hour shift and followsthe repeating 14 day pattern of: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off,2 days on, 3 days off. Day and Night positions available. Day shift runs from8:00 AM Eastern to 8:00 PM Eastern. Night shift runs from 8:00 PM Eastern to8:00 AM Eastern. 3 day ‘weekend’ every second week.
- Provide customer support via email, phone and web portal for changes, questions, upgrades and break-fix; assist and resolve within SLA times all incidents while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Procure, provision, and ship firewalls; deploy VPN tunnels, email services and SIEM; Interact with customers to procure necessary configuration/deployment information and address questions that customers may have
- Follow up with customers or vendors on open issues.
- Confirm that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Analyze alerts from SIEM and contact customers with actionable intelligence
- Thoroughly document all customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Confer with customers by telephone, email, web portal or in person in order to provide information about products and services, and to obtain details of complaints.
- Ensure that any requests or questions about orders or cancelling accounts are forwarded to the appropriate person inside the company.
- Maintain proficiency for technical responsibilities, through self-directed training and training programs.
- Performs initial troubleshooting
- Performs triage and escalation as necessary.
- Serve in on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate must be confident, detail oriented and proactive. He or she must be able to multitask and meet project deadlines. The candidate must also have a strong desire to achieve, must be able to take initiative, working independently and as part of a technical team. Candidate must be able to serve in on-call rotation.
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols including (but not limited to): Routing, switching, firewall policies, NAT, VPN, IPV4, TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP4
- Competency in both Linux and Windows environments
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working with networking technologies and protocols.
- Vendor specific certification to be earned within 6 months of hire
- Specific experience with the following vendors: Juniper (SRX), Netscreen, Fortinet, Cisco and/or SonicWALL
- JNCIA-JunOS (or higher), NSE4 (or Higher), CCNA Security (or Higher), SNSA (or Higher)
- CompTIA Network+
- Experience working with SIEM products