Estimator - Commercial - Houston, TX (Job ID 2012752)
Categories Administrative, Corporate
The basic function is to prepare cost estimates and price quotations on new commercial sales and coordinate the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations. Collects information for proper quotations from other functions as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform job site walks as needed
- Assess projects by identifying project requirements, regarding time, labor, and material costs
- Read blueprints and analyze all other applicable documents to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with contractors, engineers, and architects during estimate creation to ensure overall accuracy
- Act as the final say in the calculation, analysis, and adjustment of estimates
- Present estimates to sales and management in a timely and professional manner
- Recommend cost-reduction options
- Assist sales team in final project preparation transactions
- Maintain thorough records of all project documentation, including estimates, receipts, and project completion documentation
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications(Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have industry knowledge and/or experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of local/national codes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to clear a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local codes.
- Requires proficiency in ADT Commercial’s product offerings.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment; work in ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings; lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “on call availability” and be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.