Commercial Instructional Designer (Job ID 2012762)
Categories Administrative, Corporate
The Instructional Designer will work with the Learning & Development Team and business Subject Matter Experts to create online learning modules, live web-based learning sessions, learning guides and support materials following an instructional design process. The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate ADT employees with various learning solutions. The Instructional Designer will generate online, mobile, video and in-person learning solutions using a suite of instructional design technologies that could include Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Captivate, Adobe Connect and mobile learning content software.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Utilize proven techniques to research, design and develop multimedia learning materials for new and existing programs in a variety of contexts and subjects, using software applications and tools.
- Using proper methodology, determine or verify accurate learning objectives in order to create relevant and scalable learning content and assessments.
- Work directly with SME’s, and business stakeholders as needed for each project.
- Incorporate proven adult learning principles in all material and activity development.
- Participate in design and review sessions.
- Collaborate by submitting all learning solutions to SME’s for purposes of proof-reading for accuracy.
- Build beneficial relationships with internal business partners including Project Managers, Performance Managers, and field training resources and others in the business.
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to support projects from initiation to project delivery.
- Provide instructor-led content revision and development services.
- Ensure clear communication across projects to achieve overall project goals.
- Design and develop learning solutions supported in the ADT Learning Management System.
- Ability to write and record audio script and work with SME’s and other voice talent to ensure proper pronunciation and style.
- Work with video production and graphic sources to produce final versions of course materials.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree required with preferred coursework in instructional systems, instructional design, adult learning theory, training and development, or performance technology.
- Formal certification in Instructional Design or ISD, or related skills preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in design and development of instructional material in a corporate setting
- Proficient in using Microsoft and computer graphics programs.
- Up to date and practical knowledge of adult learning principles and ISD concepts, including ADDIE and rapid methodologies like SAM
- Must have experience building online and in-person courses for adult learners from the ground up.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of course development and curriculum within a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Must be detail-oriented and able to coordinate and track simultaneous projects.
- Preferred experience writing video scripts and video production.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.