Customer Support Supervisor (Job ID 2016231)
Category Customer Service
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Develop, analyze and implement departmental procedures and guidelines. Plan and coordinate special projects; organize and monitor team's workflow; train and coach team members on new duties; and answer questions and concerns. To provide leadership and coaching for Customer Support representatives to assure that all employees succeed in meeting individual goals for performance as well as career growth.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Customer Support Supervisor may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of specialized accounts including Key, National, and HOA.
- Make changes to RMR and frequency; resolve most complex billing issues; work on Executive accounts.
- Coordinate and conduct training on new or changed procedures department functions and company policies to both current employees and new hires within the department
- Review representatives’ productivity and quality stats to ensure they are meeting goals.
- Write and administer employee’s annual reviews.
- Monitor action queues and incoming contract backlogs to ensure they are worked in the allotted time frame (48 hours or less).
- Resolve and/or assist in the resolution of escalated situations involving customers, other companies or departments, including processing higher level credits according to SOA.
- Responsible for coordinating resources and prioritizing the workload of approximately 30 action queues and documents or related work in accordance with the specific guidelines governing each action or process to ensure accurate completion of tasks.
- Prioritize and direct the activities of staff to most efficiently meet departmental goals for productivity and accuracy while guiding employees in attaining personal goals and accuracy.
- Prioritize and direct the activities of staff to most efficiently meet departmental goals for productivity and accuracy; while guiding employees in attaining personal goals.
- Facilitate meetings and guide communications with/and between employees and other departments.
- Coach employees on account information as necessary.
- Answer employee questions as they relate to the daily operation of the department.
- Organize and monitor units’ workflow and coordinate special projects.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, completion, and timeliness of branch generated contracts.
- Efficiently perform all Operations Support Representative I, II, and III functions and responsibilities when needed.
- Communicate with other departments and branches all discrepancies pertaining to contract generation and installation as well as actions and document retention to ensure timely resolution, through phone, emails and conference calls.
- Keep abreast of changes and maintain a working knowledge of Customer Service and Customer Support functions.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with other departments, companies and high profile customers.
- Plan and coordinate special projects as assigned. Duties may include establishing and implementing processes, allocating resources, delegating responsibilities, checking work quality, compiling reports and providing feedback on problems and results, etc.
- Handle escalated Wholesale issues.
- Manage employees’ time/track employees’ attendance; approve/deny Kronos requests by checking availability of days off, and record keeping of said documents.
- Compile, review and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly reports on employee or account data as requested by a Director for accuracy and to determine efficiencies.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; recommend salary action, probation, retraining’ addressing complaints and resolving problems. Develop a plan for improvement and career development.
- Continuously upgrade and /or enhance supervisory skills by participating in available classes, training, and seminars.
- Knowledge of billing, account set up, inventory procedures and testing.
- Knowledge of billing contracts, services, and parts.
- Knowledge of Center Legacy Systems.
- Must have knowledge of and be familiar with the functions of Branch Operations, Account Creation and Testing, and all other related departments.
- Knowledge of Protection One account maintenance procedures for updating customer accounts.
- Must be PC literate with a proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and e-mail applications.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills, balancing the needs of our company and customers.
- Must have good problem solving and analysis skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to work with confidential information and use discretion when appropriate.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize work and multi-task.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Occasional need for problem analysis.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to work with confidential material about customer accounts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal Office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years customer service experience in an automated inbound customer service call center environment and/or training to include data entry, and telephone work.
- One year of leadership experience preferred.
- Accounting experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- None required.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.