DevOps Engineer (Job ID 2012806)
Categories Information Technology, Engineering
- Design, implement, and manage continuous delivery systems on Amazon AWS.
- Develop custom scripting solutions to automate operational processes and improve efficiencies.
- Design, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance verification using IAM.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems to ensure production health and high availability.
- Implement systems that are highly available, secure, scalable, and self-healing.
- Automating the deployment of cloud-based production (and other) environments using automation tools such as Salt, Puppet, Jenkins, Terraform, and AWS CloudFormation.
- Develop scripts and diagnose system performance and behavior in a Linux environment.
- Perform infrastructure incident management and problem resolution and assist in the development and documentation of root cause analysis and technical standards.
- Monitor systems performance, ensure capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze and monitor protocol compatibility, perform systems tuning, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Assist in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for moderately complex systems, as well as, in planning, architecture design, and engineering.
- Lead, coordinate, execute, assess, and support programs and applications.
- Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
- 4-7 yrs
Demonstrated ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
Demonstrates leading edge knowledge of concepts and theories in own discipline.
Experience with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
Experience with a variety of automation tools.
Recent experience with a configuration management tool like Chef or Puppet.
Required experience using multiple AWS technologies: IAM, CloudFormation, CloudFront, S3, Dynamo DB, Route53, NAT Gateway, RDB, Lambda.
Experience tuning and administration of relational DB such as Oracle, MySql, Postgres.