NAS Collections Specialist - Irving, TX (Job ID 2014297)
Category Customer Service
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Contacts and collects on past due National, 1-Touch and 1-Touch + accounts. Makes payment arrangements with customers and provides excellent customer service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the National Account Support Collections Specialist may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Receives and places inbound and outbound collection calls.
- Negotiates balances on customer accounts.
- Performs customer account research and analysis.
- Handles cancellations of non-pay of customer accounts.
- Makes payment arrangements with customers and escalates slow-pay issues to upper management when necessary.
- Reviews aging reports.
- Responds to written correspondence and miscellaneous letter requests.
- Writes up regular cancels when necessary.
- Processes account financial adjustments.
- Performs contract comprehension and interpretation.
- Requests contracts when necessary, and requests letters/cancellations as necessary.
- Assists in special projects as needed.
- Documents actions taken as needed.
- Reviews account documentation for accuracy.
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent team-building, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must ion-making and judgment skills are necessary for this position.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Frequent need for problem analysis and resolution.
- Requires keyboard skills (ability to type 30 wpm), 10-key experience, and telephone skills.
- Must have a high level of patience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively deal with daily customer contact regarding customer accounts via telephone, e-mail, or in person.
- Ability to effectively handle occasional person to person contact with customers who come into the office.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Certain positions may require bilingual abilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and arms; speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal office environment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two to three years’ experience working on security related projects to include three years of experience related to the CCTV, Intercom, IDS and access control system industry.
- At least one year related experience in accounts receivable, billing or collections.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; or equivalent
- combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- None required.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.