NAS SR Billing Analyst
Category Customer Service
Distributes monthly billings and past due notices to customers on a timely basis. Assists with the procedures required for the completion of the month end close. Reviews unapplied cash, performs integration of new jobs into MasterMind, process COC’s on completed installations, and performs data entry for new and existing customers.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the National Account Support Sr Billing Analyst may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Reviews unapplied payments in the system in an effort to get them properly applied.
- QC paperwork and process job integrations in MasterMind daily so that new job installations can be managed.
- Review and process close out paperwork (COC’s) in MasterMind daily so that customers are properly billed for Installations.
- Review Service jobs in “Final QC” status in MasterMind daily for National Account customers and ensure proper billing of these jobs.
- Updates new account information, changes, cancellations, etc. on a daily basis into the billing system.
- Responsible for completing all assigned activities from the monthly closing schedule.
- Interfaces with customers and resolves any problems or questions relating to billing.
- Initiates appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable or unclaimed.
- Maintains accurate customer files.
- Responsible for neatness of work area, security of files and reports.
- Provide both oral and written presentations to potential customers explaining the operation of their equipment and applicable services.
- Ensure accuracy of data in Mastermind.
- Coordinate the billing of installation, service, and RMR for National Account Customers.
- Perform routine account audits and updates.
- Make credit adjustments to accounts when necessary.
- Work with the branches and Monitoring department to research and resolve customer issues.
- Prepare formal correspondence in response to customer’s questions or concerns.
- Ensure that all customer correspondence is responded to or forwarded to the appropriate department within 24 hours of receipt in the department.
- Track statistical information as needed for the department and compile data into reports that are submitted to management in a timely manner.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Train and mentor peers but no direct supervisory responsibilities required.
- Knowledge of CMS billing systems and services.
- Knowledge of ADT/Protection One's policies and an understanding of state and federal laws.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced Spreadsheet Knowledge required.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the alarm industry.
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Frequent need for creativity and problem analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two to three years’ experience working on security related projects to include three years of experience related to the CCTV, Intercom, IDS and access control system industry.
- At least one years related experience in accounts receivable, billing or collections.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- None required.
As of April 2017, Protection 1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in the electronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you will see collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but please know: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while that happens, we are better together.