Sr. Manager, Customer Experience and Learning (Job ID 2111177)
Category Contact Center
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
This position will lead the strategic development and delivery of the enterprise knowledge base standards, taxonomy and change management practices related to content as well as provide the necessary technical leadership and work with a team of instructional designers to manage the design and development of learning solutions. This role will own, develop and deliver aligned content from knowledge base to the learning platforms by developing detailed project plans and ensures that the resources are made available within the assigned budget and that the project is completed within the given deadline. All content and instruction will be designed to highlight and align with all enterprise and functional initiatives and programs that Customer Experience and Operations (CX&O) team supports. More specifically, this role will own, develop and deliver effective content and learning solutions designed to drive specific action and outcomes relative to key organizational initiatives and programs with associates at all levels to achieve superior results. This will improve organizational effectiveness and enhance employee alignment with operating priorities to improve the company’s retention and engagement of the talent it needs to support growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage resources to maximize efficiencies, quality, and effectiveness while meeting deadlines.
- Provide expertise on new learning approaches, technology and tools through continuous research to ensure ADT can marry the best in learning methodology with practical organizational realities
- Develops, edits, or contributes to strategic change management plans around major enterprise initiatives that impact the frontline organization to include knowledge base content and instructional design
- Manage the current knowledge management practices as well as design new knowledge distribution policies and encourage use of the new practices
- Review analysis and take action to improve the effectiveness of the knowledge base and training programs
- Interact with the staff members, unit managers and the clients. Act as a mediator to answer the queries of the clients and staff about the knowledge management products and practices
- Creates, reviews, or coordinates the implementation of strategic and operational content and instructional design initiatives.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of specific year-round CX&O learning programs
- Work closely with company senior executive level officers on strategic planning, intake for content and delivery
- Ensures that the 5-cultural markers and associated behaviors, as well as the Customer Service Vision and Mission, are represented throughout content and instructional design materials
- Manage a team of internal authors, instructional designers and senior instructional designers with an emphasis on supporting the continuous improvement model within CX&O
- Undergraduate degree required; Graduate degree preferred. Preferred majors include Systems Technology, Instructional Design, Multimedia eLearning Development, or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of either Knowledge Base Management or Instructional Design
- 7 years of leadership experience preferred with either direct or indirect reports; an ability to lead, inspire coach and motivate a team
- Travel as required, approximately 10-15%
- Outstanding writing skills, including the ability to author large volumes of original written content, edit content received from others and handle quality-control and proof-reading for a high-volume workload
- Outstanding verbal communications (both an articulate speaker and active, nuanced listener), adapting to diverse audiences and effectively engaging at the executive level
- Ability to align closely with senior leaders and supervisors while assuming responsibility for owning projects and delivering results
- Ability to routinely link content to broader organizational goals and values
- Track-record of individually creating and building buy-in for both multi-year and project-specific strategic plans, as well as supporting messages, content and instructional design
- Superb project management ability; establishes and/or refines relevant tools, templates, processes, guidelines, and calendars to effectively manage workflow
- Creative thinker; conceives and executes innovative solutions to meet or exceed goals
- Demonstrates personal accountability for building the company's employee brand by balancing content and instructional design with a variety of internal engagement and marketing strategies, models and programs; creates and acts on effective feedback mechanisms
- Strong, motivating leader with listening, coaching and influencing skills; ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues as well as executives and employees at multiple levels in other disciplines
- Customer-centric focus, highly responsive, with a demonstrated ability to anticipate, set and manage expectations; must have a strong results orientation,
- Ability to thrive in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced corporate environment
- Open minded problem-solver with an ability to produce results despite changing or ambiguous circumstances; adaptive and willing to take on a variety of new assignments
- Demonstrated knowledge in and experience with the application of adult learning theories, methods, and strategies through the use of sound adult instructional design techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task by working on multiple projects while staying focused on quality, deadlines, budget expectations, and business results.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and write about strategy, goals and operational performance.
- Desktop proficiency in Microsoft, including Windows, Office, and Publisher.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.