VP, Product Engineering (Job ID 1913590)
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Vice President of Product Engineering leads and aligns all product development initiatives with corporate strategy. Primary responsibilities include strategic planning, research for new products, product design, and product engineering. Relying on extensive experience and judgment, the Vice President of Product Engineering evaluates the potential and practicality of products in development and execute product design to meet company objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the vision, strategy and direction of ADTs Product Engineering function.
- Collaborate to determine the enterprise’s long-term product roadmap. Develop the corresponding strategy for systems design and development.
- Lead the overall technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to product offerings
- Leverage past experience and strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with business clients.
- Oversee estimation and execution of project work plans. Direct revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Drive software development across multiple teams and phases to ensure that engineering solutions are aligned with business objectives.
- Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively.
- Track a broad range of emerging technologies to determine maturity and application to the enterprise.
- Perform as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent.
- A member of the senior leadership team for the business and will influence strategic business decisions regarding technology use.
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Partners with business executives to understand and support business initiatives.
- Manages product design from design to execution.
- Recommends methods, materials and layouts for improvement based on manufacturing needs and capabilities.
- Builds, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Engineering expertise across multiple technologies, platforms, and designs.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or related field
- Experience: 15+ years
- Education: MBA
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.