HR Generalist (Job ID 1914622)
Categories Human Resources, Corporate
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Responsible for providing functional support for the Knoxville, TN Customer Monitoring Center (CMC) in various areas of Human Resources including but not limited to employee relations; training and development; recruitment and employment; and special projects. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, persuasive, diplomatic individual with the ability to effectively handle difficult employee situations. The position will report to the HR Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively develops close partnerships with local/regional business leaders and actively collaborate and communicate with HR team and other appropriate stakeholders to ensure local/regional execution of strategic initiatives, implement solutions to achieve business strategy, and promote employee engagement
- Provides day-to-day coaching and counsel to management in employee relations, performance management, career development, salary administration and regulatory and internal compliance programs.
- Investigates and/or partners with HR leadership team to resolve employee concerns.
- Resolves compensation related issues and monitors performance evaluation programs using internal company performance management systems (eTools, Copanet).
- Provides interpretation and counsel on policies and procedures. Drives execution within the line of business.
- Works with hiring managers to assist and coach them on appropriate and effective interviewing techniques. Advises on pre-screening of resume/application, legal pitfalls during interview and selection process, and how to select quality candidates.
- Assists in identifying training needs that support organizational growth or compliance and deliver training as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant human resources procedures and practices, and applicable laws.
- Utilizes HRIS information and other business information, develops and provides reports; performs in-depth analysis for various HR and business unit programs and results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- PHR Certification preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years prior related experience is required or entry level for candidates with Master's degree
- Two (2) to four (4) years experience in Human Resources including strong preference for experience recruiting and cultivating multiple and alternative recruiting sources. Proven interview and selection skills preferred.
- Knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations.
- High level of interpersonal skills and sound judgment to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal business partners and employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to develop clear and concise written and oral communications
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in field of specialization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Oracle/HRIM systems and recruitment management systems.
- Travel up to 25%
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.