CCI Commercial Installer I
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Install Electronic Access Control (EAC), Intrusion, Fire and Integrated Systems, CCTV, digital recorders, test, troubleshoot, repair, program and verify system functions. Install cabling and mounting equipment for systems. Provide operation training and answer questions while maintaining a professional and courteous customer relationship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the System Technician may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and complete special projects as requested.
- Receive and place inbound and outbound phone calls to Technicians.
- Load and unload site equipment, supplies, and tools for EAC, Intrusion, Fire and Integrated Systems installation, CCTV, and digital recorders,
- Install equipment and run and pull cable, wiring and conduit.
- Responsible for programming and calibrating equipment; adhering to all established codes, regulations, and standards.
- Must be available to travel throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Assist in verification of EAC, Intrusion, Fire and Integrated Systems, CCTV, functions by testing equipment, programming, connections, and signals.
- Assist in identifying and correcting problems so that system is in full working order before leaving site.
- Provide operation training to customer of installed equipment and answer any questions.
- Must clean up job site to condition that existed before installation, including removal of debris and patching of drill holes.
- Remove old equipment, making sure it is properly palletized, boxed, shrink-wrapped and labeled.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment by following safe practices and OSHA regulations.
- Keep security information strictly confidential.
- Keep complete and accurate paperwork for every installation, including parts used with serial numbers, full descriptions of work performed, and accurate times spent traveling and on-site work, and any other specifics required by Supervisor.
- Assist with acquiring permits by visiting local municipalities and providing required documentation.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Follow direction of Supervisor and established lead for the job.
- Drive and maintain company vehicle, including regular service and keeping a clean, organized appearance of vehicle. Responsible for regular maintenance, upkeep and safe operating condition of vehicle, trailer, lift and any other assigned equipment.
- Maintain vehicle inventory and tools.
- Maintain valid State Driver’s License with clean record (must be insurable driver).
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and Internet.
- Have knowledge of AC/DC electronic theory, IP Network and analog PTZ and fixed cameras, LAN/WAN networks for PC systems and CCTV equipment, fiber optics and CAT-5E cabling, ability to interpret schematics and loading of software updates for PCs and DVRs
- Must know how to operate a scissor and/or boom lift safely and to OSHA standards.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, good prioritization skills, be very organized, and detail oriented.
- Decision-making and judgment skills are necessary for this position.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Frequent need for problem analysis and resolution.
- Requires keyboard skills (ability to type 30 wpm), 10-key experience, and telephone skills.
- Must have a high level of patience.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work with confidential information exercising extreme discretion at all times.
- Ability to use typical office equipment (i.e. copier, fax machine, printer, etc.) Job
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, contracts, bonus forms, etc.
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and customers.
- Ability to effectively respond with daily Technician contact regarding customer accounts via telephone, e-mail or in person and occasional interaction with co-workers who come into the office.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply mathematical and basic algebra concepts (i.e. discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, as well as using the process of elimination) to calculate figures.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must be physically able to lift up to 100 lbs. unassisted and pull cable with a force up to 125 lbs.
- Must be able to work on your feet throughout the day, as well as safely work on ladders and lifts for 8-12 hours per day.
- Must be able to work through the night hours
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor settings with regular exposure to extreme cold, heat, direct sunlight, dirt, hazardous electrical equipment and wiring, and underground and elevated heights
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related field experience including Access Control, Intrusion and Fire installation, and CCTV
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background check
Certifications, Licenses, Registration:
- FASA/BASA Card a plus
- Certified Electronics or Electronic Engineering Technology
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com