Cloud Security Engineer (Job ID 2113820)
Categories Information Technology, Engineering
ADT's information security culture is focused on helping our engineering teams build secure products. We
are looking for an infrastructure security engineer capable of securely building, deploying, and
maintaining cloud infrastructure, hybrid cloud networks, Cloud-native applications, and web services.
As part of the team, you will collaborate on the implementation of security guidelines and practices at
ADT. The candidate will work closely with our development and SRE team. The candidate will develop
tooling to prevent insecure code being released into our operating environments, as well as detection of
configuration non-conformances and IoCs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Broad knowledge of security and Linux systems, and deep knowledge of on-prem and cloud security.
- Experience across a range of technical disciplines and may have held past roles such as
- Information Security (Hardening, Detection/Response, Blue Team) and systems (SRE, Linux SysAdmin, Network Engineer).
- Build Enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure and policies. Design and maintain a secure Cloud (AWS and GCP) systems and networks. Build security automation for on-prem and cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
- Design, deploy, manage and improve critical security infrastructure services/tools for authentication and authorization, PKI, secrets management, logging, detection, and more
- Experience securing modern PaaS/IaaS systems (Kubernetes, containers)
- Building tools and services that positively impact the security and productivity of the organization.
- Improving the Reward/Risk ratio is key
- Design and build the security components of the next phase of ADT's infrastructure.
- Build security product features — innovate on key management with KMS, rationalize data layer logical isolation, make SSO cool in 2020, and a lot more.
- Stay up to date with Windows/Linux zero-days.
- Conduct internal cloud and infrastructure penetration tests.
- Analyze our infrastructure and our applications for potential vulnerabilities.
- Coordinate incident response and assess inbound vulnerability reports.
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience, SysOp or Security certification from a
public cloud vendor
Experience: 5-10 yrs in tech
Demonstrates leading-edge knowledge of concepts and theories in their own discipline.
Teaches others the technical and functional knowledge and skills needed to achieve results at the
optimum level of performance and is recognized as a thought-leader.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with audiences who may not have a security background.
- Infrastructure Security experience.
- At least 5 years of Linux system security experience.
- Experience securing Linux systems - hardening, logging/detection, general systems design. Emphasis on container security.
- At least 3 years of cloud security experience.
- Experience with GCP and AWS
- Experience in implementing on-prem/cloud security and hardening, especially in a complex organization.
• Security experience
- Experience designing systems w/ Compliance and Security requirements.
- Experience writing code to solve security issues. This could be writing security tools or automation/management of security-sensitive environments.
- Networking knowledge, including network security and segmentation.
- DevOps Experience
- Knowledge of API architecture, design, scalability, and security
- Experience with tools SIEM tools such as Splunk
- Ability to prepare, investigate, and increase security policies, criteria, and ways.
- Strong knowledge of the Kubernetes platform and Docker
- Strong knowledge of Terraform and Ansible along with master/expert skill in scripting
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins and CI/CD pipeline, Git (preferably knowledge of Cloudbased managed CI/CD pipeline tools)
- Strong skills in server admin of Linux servers
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts, Load balancing, Security concepts (SSL/TLS, Firewall, proxy/reverse proxy setup)
- Working knowledge of database management systems and connectivity with distributed applications
- Proven track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality