Remote Customer Service Representative (Job ID 2115390)
Category Customer Service
ADT is Continuing To Grow! Customer Service Representatives Today! $500 Sign-On Bonus!
ADT has been in the business of helping save lives since 1874. As the #1 smart home security provider in the U.S., we help protect and connect families, businesses and larger commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your business or on the go. And as times change, so do we.Above all, our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living. Looking for a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and put purpose behind your paycheck. #WeAreADT
Check out more about life at ADT here.
ADT is a growing home security company, offering their customers a DIY home security and automation system. LifeShield is looking for energetic people to assist customers with setting up their systems and troubleshooting over the phone. Call center positions begin at Customer Service or Technical Support, and can move rapidly through our Career Path Program based on individual competencies, performance and ability to learn new skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In our call center environment, you will:
- Provide outstanding customer service and technical assistance to our customers through live troubleshooting and problem isolation.
- Proactively take ownership of open issues and interface successfully with other departments and multiple levels of management.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by resolving issues on the first call whenever possible.
- Determine further action or completion on customer cases received.
- Follow-up with the customer until the issue is resolved.
- Multi-task while keeping the customer engaged
- Make decisions independently
- Diffuse escalated conversations
- Read and comprehend documents
- Update account information including billing
- Basic understanding of home security, home automation, as well as how the internet, computers, and phones work
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and solve software and hardware issues for connectivity, communication, and reliability of a home security system.
- Constantly learn, expand, and share your knowledge.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Creative troubleshooter, driven to solve an issue.
- Knowledge of Mac/PC, Android and iOS operating systems desired.
- Knowledge of home networks including wireless configuration.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Strong understanding of internet, networking, home automation, and computers a plus, but not required.
- Prior Customer Service &/ or Call Center experience a plus, but not required.
Employee Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base pay
- Career path from Customer Care Specialists level I-to-Management, with rapid movement through our Career Path Program
- Monthly performance incentive that corresponds with career path movement
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- 401K, Health Savings Account, Flex Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
This position is more than a job, it’s the start of a career and an opportunity to work in a fun and exciting environment, make new friends and have a rewarding future!
NOTE: Qualified candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check and drug screening. Training hours may be different from your scheduled shift.
ADT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. ADT strives to ensure every employee and applicant feels valued. Visit us at jobs.adt.com/diversity to learn more.