Remote Customer Service Representative (Job ID 2112482)
Category Customer Service
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Call center positions begin at Customer Service or Technical Support, and can move rapidly through our Career Path Program based on individual competencies, performance and ability to learn new skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In our call center environment, you will:
- Provide outstanding customer service and technical assistance to our customers through live troubleshooting and problem isolation.
- Proactively take ownership of open issues and interface successfully with other departments and multiple levels of management.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by resolving issues on the first call whenever possible.
- Determine further action or completion on customer cases received.
- Follow-up with the customer until the issue is resolved.
- Multi-task while keeping the customer engaged
- Make decisions independently
- Diffuse escalated conversations
- Read and comprehend documents
- Update account information including billing
- Basic understanding of home security, home automation, as well as how the internet, computers, and phones work
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and solve software and hardware issues for connectivity, communication, and reliability of a home security system.
- Constantly learn, expand, and share your knowledge.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Creative troubleshooter, driven to solve an issue.
- Knowledge of Mac/PC, Android and iOS operating systems desired.
- Knowledge of home networks including wireless configuration.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Strong understanding of internet, networking, home automation, and computers a plus, but not required.
- Prior Customer Service &/ or Call Center experience a plus, but not required.
Employee Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base pay
- Career path from Customer Care Specialists level I-to-Management, with rapid movement through our Career Path Program
- Monthly performance incentive that corresponds with career path movement
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- 401K, Health Savings Account, Flex Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
This position is more than a job, it’s the start of a career and an opportunity to work in a fun and exciting environment, make new friends and have a rewarding future!
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.