System Administrator. (Job ID 1911835)
Category Information Technology
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Provide assistance troubleshooting PC, printer, and application issues for users, as well as provide assistance to and training for lower level technicians.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the CMS System Administrator may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Windows XP/7/8.1, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2 operating systems. Includes setup, maintaining and verifying user access to the network, and diagnose user software and hardware issues.
- Provide technical expertise and guide the administration of security tools that control and monitor information security, including updating access control tables and designing computer system access reports to identify possible security violations.
- Respond in a timely manner to a loss or misuse of computer assets and communicate security exposures, misuse, or noncompliance situations to Manager.
- Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of supported information systems.
- Use SCCM 2012 to distribute software, operating systems, and patches across the domain.
- Troubleshooting PC problems, printer problems, application problems and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Swap out user’s machine and replace /upgrade parts as necessary.
- Move computers from one location to another.
- Responsible for managing antivirus for enterprise workstations.
- Responsible for deploying patches to company software.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining user accounts.
- Responsible for technology equipment procurement.
- Responsible for granting and updating users’ system access levels based on job titles.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Exchange mailboxes and distribution lists.
- Document IT processes to be used as training materials and how-to-guides.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge in Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/2003/2008/2012 R2.
- Knowledge of policy development and maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of Active directory services, policies, and group access.
- Knowledge of Windows server 2003/2008/2012 R2, Exchange 2010/2013, Lync 2010/2013 is preferred.
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Knowledge of System Center Endpoint Protection 2010
- Knowledge of Avaya PBX and media components
- Knowledge of current Receiver technology
- Knowledge of emergency UPS power systems
- Knowledge of core Ethernet switch components
- Requires good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Skills in computer maintenance and installation are required.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be able to apply tact, diplomacy, reason, and logic, process data in an organized, timely, and accurate manner, visualize, respond quickly, recognize consequences of erroneous actions, concentrate on tasks, and other required functions
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as in a normal office environment.
- Available to work on weekends, after hours and holidays if needed.
- Available to participate in on call standby rotation.Adjust work schedule to provide coverage for end users as needed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to two years of education or specialized training in personal computer hardware, MS Windows, MS Office suite of products, Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Specific Course work or training in math, basic reading, telecommunications, and electronics technology skills; and experience with remote problem solving, support, Symantec products for Anti-Virus, and desktop security products preferred.
- A+ Certification preferred but not required.
- MCP or equivalent Certification preferred but not required.
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com