National Accounts Billing/Collections Specialist (Job ID 2011453)
Category Customer Service
ADT is a leading provider ofsecurity and automation solutions in Canada for homes and businesses, peopleon-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before,and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and liveanswer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safeand empowered. More information is available at.
The National Accounts Billing/Collections Specialist will own the customer experience for our dedicated National customer base from the gathering needs requirements phase through to completion. Be the single point of contact for all billing and collection related matters for assigned portfolios.
The ideal candidate is professional, autonomous, resourceful and committed to providing excellent customer service with every interaction. This role will report into the National Accounts Operations Centre while working closely with the Collections Manager for functional support and direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the dedicated contact for our National clients base and ensure they are provided with great customer service.
- Proactively identify client billing profiles, invoicing instructions and/or additional billing requirement details to ensure billing accuracy for assigned client portfolios.
- Update customer profile with additional information and/or updates and ensure changes are implemented and actioned.
- Have a thorough understanding of the impacts of billing to financials.
- Analyze and resolve billing issues or questions regarding invoicing and/or credits and ensure timely follow-up with the client.
- Verification of disputed items and creation of credit actions as required.
- Perform billing reconciliation and obtain supporting documentation as required.
- Prepare and finalize complete invoice packages including detailed billing reports and spreadsheets within established deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Identify improvements to billing processes, sharing feedback and promptly addressing issues and concerns.
- Communicate regularly with other team members to ensure customer needs and expectations will be met and addressing any challenges that could potentially interfere with achieving these results.
- Identify and prioritize regular account follow up on assigned accounts by reviewing accounts receivable balances to reduce delinquency and bad debt.
- Assessing the issues our clients are facing and providing options to assist them in bringing their accounts current.
- Prepare and review customer account reconciliation including short payments, misapplied and/or unapplied cash/credits.
- Coordinate with cash application team to ensure proper application of payments.
- Communicate findings including future impacts to losses and proposed recommendations to management as required.
- Develop an action plan to achieve defined objectives and metrics set out by direct manager.
- Active participant in weekly review meetings with management team.
- Completed post-secondary education in finance or accounting field is preferred
- 5-10 years
- 5 years of related billing and collections experience working in an account base supporting National Customers.
- Fluently bilingual – excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French.
- Able to effectively prioritize workload and perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office – advanced skills in excel (v-lookups, pivot tables).
- Committed and organized with proven ability to manage time requirements, prioritize tasks and meet challenging deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and analytical with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude, energy and a committed team player.
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods
ADT by TELUS provides equalaccess to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees inaccordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race,ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex,sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or anyother characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT by TELUS is committed to treatingall people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations areavailable upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout therecruitment process. Please contact Human Resources atifyou require accommodation. We will work with all applicants toaccommodate their individual accessibility needs.