Senior Accountant (Job ID 2012086)
Category Accounting and Finance
ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs more than 18,000 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.ca.
Purpose of Role
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting duties and monthly reporting of the head office, ensuring complete and accurate information in accordance with accounting principles and best practices. The Senior Accountant reports directly to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare and post journal entries as assigned
- Prepare complex balance sheet account reconciliations in a high volume environment
- Apply GAAP and business logic to financial statements and accounts
- Perform accounting research as needed and recognize potential problems
- Provide analysis of Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts as assigned
- Participate in the accounting month-end close cycles and meet stringent deadlines
- Recommend changes in methods or procedures to improve efficiency
- Solve problems while handling multiple assignments
- Engage in the responsibilities of planning, evaluating, organizing and processing improvements and controls
- Handle unusual or difficult inquiries/situations through either direct personal action or referrals to the appropriate individual
- Liaison with Operating Divisions (Regional Controllers, General Managers, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide support to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This includes responsibility for monthly journal entries, complex account reconciliations, analytical review and research into unusual fluctuations, and participation in the various accounting cycles.
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA (CA, CGA, CMA)
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Familiarity with financial accounting systems
- Strong computer skills with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge and experience with Oracle and Hyperion Essbase is preferred
Apply today, join our team!
ADT by TELUS. provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT by TELUS. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.