Residential/Small Business Service Technician (Job ID 1912452)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Full Time
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Successful ADT Sales Reps have creative lead-generating techniques and the drive to exceed sales goals. You’ll use your strong communication and selling skills to present innovative security solutions to customers. Ready to become an Everyday Hero and make a difference by helping others protect what matters most to them?
- Sales minded
I help stay more than a few steps ahead of intruders. - Sean T., Sales
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service and drivingcustomer loyalty, quality and overall satisfaction by servicing, programming,configuring, dismantling, reconstructing, converting, and trouble-shooting existingsecurity and site automation solutions including, but not limited to, fire andcarbon monoxide detection, networking, hosted video solutions, and accesscontrol.
- Drivescustomer loyalty by exceeding customer’s expectations through the system serviceand maintenance process and meeting customer commitments.
- Meetscustomer commitments by arriving within estimated time of arrival.
- Services, programs, configures,dismantles, reconstructs, converts, and trouble-shoots existing security andsite automation solutions including, but not limited to, fire and carbonmonoxide detection, networking, hosted video solutions, and access control.
- Followsand completes required processes of wired and wireless technology andconnection procedures.
- Testsand validates system signals/communication with central monitoring to properlyestablish service.
- Demonstratesthe operation and functionality of all provided services to the customer by explainingthe proper operation of the technology and services.
- Assistscustomer with security and technology enhancements by effectively identifyingadditional areas of opportunities and offers solution enhancements oralternatives to increase customer satisfaction. Suggests innovative andadditional solutions to customer to fulfill their security and site automationneeds.
- Completespre-requisite and ongoing safety requirements and courses, driver carerequirements, technical standards, and any other applicable training.
- Followssafety standards and reports safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Collectsall required payments, balances, and signatures and processes monies receivedfrom customers in accurate and timely manner.
- Otherjob duties as assigned.
- Abilityto climb and descend a ladder up to 20 feet.
- Abilityto climb stairs.
- Abilityto operate a mechanical lift system and ascend up to 40 feet.
- Abilityto lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Abilityto work in confined spaces and construction environments.
- Abilityto understand and apply codes, rules, standards and requirements to meetspecifications.
- Abilityto work under general supervision and independently at multiple customer sites ona daily basis and interpret and design system layout to meet the customerneeds.
- Demonstratesmechanical and technical aptitude according to job level.
- Abilityto interpret location maps, blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Abilityto operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle ina safe manner and responsibility for company issued assets (i.e., inventory,etc.).
- Basicmathematical aptitude to perform routine calculations.
- Basicknowledge of mobile technology and data devices for communication.
- Communicationskills including verbal and written skills.
- Abilityto meet minimum company performance standards for productivity, quality, and safety& security enhancements.
- Abilityto logically solve basic to moderately difficult problems with effectivesolutions and demonstrates troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to provide outstanding customerservice and establish relationships with customers by gaining their trust. Ability to relate well to all types ofcustomers, builds appropriate rapport, and demonstrates diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to diffuse high tensionsituations while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Sometechnical school training highly preferred.
- Priorexperience with providing services to electrical systems highly preferred.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Currentvalid State Driver’s License.
- Certificationsand licensing where required, as specified by local Management.
As ofApril 2017, Protection 1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in theelectronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you willsee collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but pleaseknow: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while thathappens, we are better together.
Equal Employment Opportunity Section:
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.