NOC Technician - Newark, DE (Job ID 1913554)
Category Information Technology
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Provide level 1 assistance in troubleshooting and resolving client network related issues.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. The IS Network Support Technician I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams.
- Troubleshoot and gather additional information required for escalation to other support teams and document all case details.
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
- Takes responsibility for handling incidents and following them through to escalation or resolution.
- Alerts appropriate parties of network problems and works diligently to resolve.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures.
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Troubleshoot PC, printer, and application problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Provide support to remote field technicians.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining access badges for multiple sites.
- Responsible for managing antivirus for enterprise workstations.
- Document IT Processes to be used as training materials and how to guides.
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in Windows, XP/Vista / 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10
- Knowledge of Windows server 2003/ 2008/ 2012 R2, Exchange 2010/ 2013 and Lync 2010 / 2013 is preferred
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications ( Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Active Directory services, policies, and group access
- Knowledge of policy development and maintenance
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Skills and ability to type 30 wpm.
- Skills in handling conflict, organization, analyzing, planning, judgment, decision making, cooperation, sensitivity to others, technical problem-solving, system troubleshooting, and business writing.
- Demonstrated abilities in handling anger, assertiveness, leadership, team building, counseling, and coaching (mentoring) preferred.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to apply tact, diplomacy, reason, and logic, process data in an organized, timely, and accurate manner, visualize, respond quickly, recognize consequences of erroneous actions, concentrate on tasks, and other required functions
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Normal office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 -3 years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocols including SNMP, DNS, DHCP, NetFlow, syslog, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, VMWARE and Cisco network devices
- Previous experience troubleshooting and triaging network and system related problems.
- Previous experience working with ticketing systems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel in high-stress situations Broad experience using a variety of monitoring and ticket management tools
- Experience providing remote support
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Basic Microsoft, COMPTIA, and/or Cisco certifications (CCNA, MCP, NET+, etc.) preferred
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com