High Volume Install Technician - Oak brook, IL (Job ID 2015232)
Oak Brook, Illinois
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Residential Installer is responsible for installing, testing, repairing, and servicing electrical and electromechanical equipment in customer's premises and signal receiving centers. The Installer performs associated duties in the field and shop, delivers supplies and maintains pertinent records as required.
Duties and Responsibilities of Residential Installer
- Installs, dismantles, and reconstructs equipment required by customer or ADT order.
- Makes connections and required adjustments as directed; test operation of all components of each system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Evaluates information furnished for the job, delivered materials, layout of customer's premises and practical routes for cable, conduit and/or wiring.
- Promptly reports defective material or equipment, inaccuracies or omissions in job information that may result in inadequate protection for customer use.
- Follows safety practices to safeguard against injury and damage to property.
- Safeguards against loss of unused materials, ladders, and tools on a job site or office location.
- Cleans up debris from installation, patches drill holes, and returns unused materials.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education/Work Experience Required
- High School degree or equivalent mandatory.
- Electronic Trade School training desired
- 2 years maintenance/installation experience
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Valid driver's license.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.