Sprinkler Apprentice (Job ID 2010274)
Palm City, Florida
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most.
The basic function of this position is to install fire sprinkler systems while working under close supervision of a more senior technician or supervisor.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Learn/Assist with the installation of fire protection sprinkler systems for commercial application (including piping, valves, and accessories).
- Must prepare accurate and timely documentation for work performed, complete monthly vehicle reports and maintain truck inventory to ensure proper response to customers’ needs).
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Must communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing.
- Must ensure a positive customer experience.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School/Vocational training.
- No minimum requirement of professional skills or years of experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to clear a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local codes.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “on call availability” and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.