Material Handler (Job ID 2012731)
Category Materials Management
At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. Formore information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibiliites:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be received, moved, gathered, or distributed
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as items number, locator code, size, type, style, or color
- Fills orders for daily shipment
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed using hand held RF gun
- Weighs, counts, or re-packs items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
- Uses computer or hand held device to enter or retrieve records
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies for the facility
- Prepares parcels for LTL, mailing or express shipment
- Maintains inventory records
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly and only when authorized.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.