QRT Install Technician (Job ID 1912029)
Categories Security Installation & Service, Field
- Works with the QRT Manager to plan and schedule installation and subcontracting activities on assigned projects
- Coordinates the installation supplies/equipment and controls timely delivery to job site
- Ability to program minor adds, moves, and changes in conjuncture with installation
- With input from the QRT Manager, prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures
- Determines, from review of various information, necessary changes in design, installation plan or other activity and implements same
- Maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades
- Walks job site with customer and discusses scope of work
- Evaluate parts pulled vs. actual parts needed on the project
- Troubleshoot discrepancies in the project & communicate with QRT Manager
- Monitors the performance of subcontractors and reports progress to the QRT Manager
- Keeps self, superiors, customer and co-workers informed of progress
- Maintains records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records such as as-built and programming matrix
- Estimates or assist in estimating projects which Aronson Security Group is bidding
- Keeps accurate records and posts all time for hours worked
- Implements quality assurance measures to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Presents a professional image of Aronson Security Group when speaking to customers (all levels)
- Develops a relationship with the customer through constant communication
- Routinely checks the work of co-workers to ensure quality installation of Aronson Security Group products
- Monitors job status and controls job costs
- Provides information to determine labor and material requirements on a weekly basis
- Assists management in monthly billing forecasting
- Studies literature and attends seminars to keep current in products, processes and materials
- Other duties may also be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the core competencies expected of all Aronson Security Group employees. A copy of the Aronson Security Group Core Competencies is attached.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position generally needs direct supervision on new tasks and only occasional supervision on previously assigned areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school education or equivalent
- Associates degree (two year) in a technical capacity is desirable
- Minimum three years’ experience in the installation and servicing of electronic security systems
- Strong knowledge of security concepts and security service
- Subcontracting and people management skills are required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and project management software.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Limited Energy Certificates JLE/RET
Supervises apprentice installers and subcontractors as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Employee regularly required to lift and carry ladders (6’, 8’ & 12’), climb ladders, as well as work with arms and hands overhead. Employee regularly carries equipment, parts and pieces to the top of the ladders and works on-and-off overhead from four to six hours as a time.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. Employee must have a valid driver’s license, drive from project-to-project.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
As ofApril 2017, Protection 1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in theelectronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you willsee collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but pleaseknow: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while thathappens, we are better together.