Service Manager (Job ID 2114884)
Categories General Management, Corporate
- Responsible for planning, implementing and managing the activities of the entire Service workforce.
- Ensures the group meets company gross profit objectives through field productivity, scheduling, maximizing billings, and controlling costs.
- Provides adequate supervision and personnel deployment and utilization and materials purchasing and coordination to ensure maximum profit potential.
- Manages all indirect cost and expense below budget levels.
- Accomplishes all work within client and company agreed parameters.
- Provides timely and adequate sales support to ensure service field technicians are fully productive.
- Responsible for preparing proposals for potential clients.
- Sets realistic schedule for self and subordinates to ensure maximum utilization of resources and timely completion of tasks.
- Direct coordinate activities of work force to generate sales at or above company standards.
- Determines staffing requirements, interview, hire, develop and manage new employees, or oversee those personnel processes. Manage all employee annual performance reviews and month end performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Prepares budget, manage revenues and expenses, drive new customer acquisitions, ensure great customer service and manage and prepare reports to document results.
- Authorize all expenditures handled directly by the department in adherence to company policy.
- May engineer, plan, schedule, service, program and or install simple to complex fire alarms systems and/or programming panels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of business experience in sales and / or operations, with a minimum of 5 years of related Field Leadership experience preferably within the service industry and/ or with security, and previous Business Growth P&L responsibility preferred. Strong understanding of fire, CCTV, security and card access systems, low-voltage systems, installation and testing.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices.
- Experience with employee relations, talent management/engagement, team building, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Superior management skills, excellent time management, planning, and forward-thinking skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Expert familiarity with applicable codes (i.e. NFPA 25 and NFPA 72).
- Available for travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer’s schedule.
- Physical requirements may include, but are not limited to: climbing up or down ladders, occasional lifting up to 50lbs, stairs, scaffolding, ramps and the like; remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another; moving in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces; and general office duties including use of a computer.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.