Contract Sales Representative (Job ID 2115155)
San Antonio, Texas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Full Time
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Successful ADT Sales Reps have creative lead-generating techniques and the drive to exceed sales goals. You’ll use your strong communication and selling skills to present innovative security solutions to customers. Ready to become an Everyday Hero and make a difference by helping others protect what matters most to them?
- Sales minded
I help stay more than a few steps ahead of intruders. - Sean T., Sales
At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT’s 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you’re a part of ADT Commercial, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
The Contract/Preventative Maintenance Agreement (PMA) Sales Representative's task is to increase recurring service and monitoring sales for electronic and mechanical life safety systems such as fire alarms, fire sprinklers, suppression systems, and security and special hazards. This will be done by converting Red Hawk sold projects, non-Red Hawk sold projects, existing customers and competitive prospects into a service agreement. Service agreements consist of test and inspections, preventive maintenance, central station monitoring and other service offerings. Contract/PMA Sales Reps will be expected to review existing customer system information, as well as to conduct surveys of the life safety systems of potential new prospects. The most critical part of this position is to have outstanding prospecting skills and to have high activity levels in order to achieve your assigned pipeline and sales goals.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible to grow the business by providing solutions to existing as well as new client base
- Cold-Calling and making outside sales calls on a consistent basis in order to seek out new business
- Conduct building surveys in order to develop proposals to customers
- Create proposals for service agreements; test and inspections, preventative maintenance and central station monitoring
- Make necessary sales presentations to customers and management as requested
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of all product lines and services offered.
- Review testing & inspection reports with the Service Technicians & Service Managers to quantify service repair proposals based on discrepancies discovered during system inspections.
- Partner with internal departments to communicate job scopes and relay customer needs.
- Attract new customers to our organization and up-selling our already well-established client base through a combination of outdoor field sales, phone sales, and direct marketing efforts.
- Assist in marketing initiatives related to sales activities, including the development of sales and business plans.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of company services through presentation to customers.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and/or or 3-5 years professional experience in high-volume sales in a fast paced environment.
- Outside sales and cold calling experience
- A successful, proven track record of performance either selling intangibles or selling a service that required excellent prospecting ability
- Exceptional customer service, thoroughness and self-motivation
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic, competitive spirit, action oriented and optimistic outlook to achievement and positive results
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Valid driver's license with acceptable record, will conduct background and drug test
- Experience and strong understanding of fire alarm life safety systems, CCTV, security and card access systems, low voltage systems, installation and testing
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.