San Leandro, California
Categories General Management, Corporate
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls project activities required for effective management of electronic security installation projects. Supervises installation labor and sub-contractors. Estimates and prices job costs. Defines project problems by working with financial, contract management and other management tools to assure project profitability. Responsible for training and development of employees. Responsible for the quality of installation and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Plans and schedules engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on large and or complex systems or service installed jobs
- Performs design-engineering functions as necessary
- Maintains current job plans and specifications
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services in a timely manner to meet job completion requirements
- Prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures
- Determines and implements changes in design, contract price, and installation plans
- Maintains construction schedules and coordinates task-scheduling with other trades
- Selects and monitors the performance of subcontractors
- Informs supervisors and subordinates of progress
- Maintains all records of job status, job changes, material flow, and other control records
- Supervises the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use
- May assist in estimating projects in coordination with the sales team
- Works continuously to improve customer satisfaction
- Presents a professional image of ACME when speaking to customers
- Develops relationships with customer decision makers
- Routinely walks job sites to ensure quality installation of ACME products
- Responsible for customer satisfaction with projects
- Monitors job status and controls job costs
- Provides data to determine labor and material requirements on a monthly basis
- Assists management in monthly billing forecasting
- Estimates and prepares monthly project progress billing to capture all project costs
- Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements
- Monitors project reports to assure project profitability
- Studies literature and attends seminars to keep current in products, processes and materials
- Remains up to date with company policies, procedures and products
- Remains up to date on industry standards and technological developments
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the Core Competencies as outlined in your onboarding plan, that are foundational expectations for all employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree or Bachelor degree in a technical capacity is desirable
- Minimum five years’ experience in the project management and installation of electronic security systems
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals and security concepts and operations
- Skilled in managing subcontractors
- Must have an understanding of job financial reports and have the ability to contain costs in handling of large projects
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one or before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word; inventory software; MS Excel; design software and project management software.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Limited Energy Certificate and Project Management Certificate.
- Supervises installers, technicians and oversees subcontractors.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com