Security Systems Engineer (Job ID 1913892)
Categories Information Technology, Engineering, Cybersecurity
Security Systems Engineer
Summary ofDesired Skillset
We are currently seeking anindividual to join our team that is self-driven and a system troubleshooter atheart. The individual will need to be able to effectively communicate with ourclients regarding the system administration and troubleshooting of theirsystems by monitoring and managing these devices remotely from our Scottsdaleoffice. Additionally, the ideal candidate will need to understand how to setpriorities on incoming tasks with minimal assistance. Linux administration andSIEM configuration experience is highly desired.
We are looking for a SecuritySystems Engineer to join the Datashield Production Support team. Yourprimary responsibilities will be designing and implementing best-practice-basedconfigurations and customizations on customer systems, including RSANetwitness, LogRhythm, Microsoft Sentinel, Mimecast, and more. Otherresponsibilities will include maintenance, system upgrades, and troubleshootingon these systems as well as internal corporate IT systems as needed.This position is a blend of securityengineering as well as system administration.
WhatYou Will Be Doing
- Providing Engineering support for security-related devices to include SEIM/Log Management, IDS and other security devices
- Administering, upgrading and supporting a variety of systems (Linux, Windows, Network)
- Utilizing progressive troubleshooting skills
- Integrating diverse systems and automating tasks
- Demonstration of understanding advanced networking concepts
- Interfacing directly with customers to understand their needs and provide timely, accurate solutions
- Solid understanding of IT systems, networking, domains, and enterprise applications
- Experience with administration of SIEMs, specifically RSA Netwitness, a plus.
- Ability to identify system faults, triage, troubleshooting, and see issues through to resolution
- Candidate should be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with internal and external customers while working on other complex issues or tasks
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Experience working in environments with compliance standards such as HIPPA, PCI, or other security compliance standards