Commercial Sales Engineer (Job ID 1913156)
Categories Business Development, Engineering
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security andautomation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes andbusinesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security moreaccessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT iscommitted to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed andquality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT isheadquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughoutNorth America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or followus on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Supports field sales organization in the designing of ADT Fire Alarm, Intrusion Security, CCTV, and Card Access Systems and may need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. May perform some field activities as required.
- Designs building fire/ security systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of electrical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations matrix, risers, panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs small, medium and large complex building fire alarm and security architecture to support operator workstations, field panels. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks. Generates specific records for all projects.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to Sales and Operations for use in NFPA UL certification.
- Ensure the proper estimation of all job costs.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and Operations management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Organizes system layout by design and prepares any necessary documents that maybe required including drawings need for permits.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for specific job related components. Selects proper types, sizes, quantities of products to meet project requirements.
- Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor. Oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field or equivalent experience.
- NICET Fire Alarm Certification preferred. Must have previous experience in commercial security systems design.
- 3-5 years engineering /systems or other related experience. Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required. Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheet, project management, and AutoCAD required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient and independent design skills.
- Able to design medium to large jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best tofoster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal isto serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when wehave the best talent working in an environment where employees feel includedand recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.